${site.data.firmName}${SEMFirmNameAlt} Main Menu
Call Today: 855-805-0595

What assistance with your divorce do you need?

10783408_S.jpgEvery marriage and divorce is different. With some marriages, the spouses no longer have any love for each other and may not enjoy being in each other's company. For children in this relationship, the effect of this falling out can be variable. If their parent's have become "roommates," who can function together, the children may suffer from less affection and experience much coolness and overly long silences as their parent's relationship worsens.

Where the relationship has gone truly wrong, with extramarital affairs, substance abuse or domestic violence, the experience for the children can be traumatic. Whatever the variation, a divorce is likely to be an improvement, even if it is disruptive. Where abuse or dysfunction is present, it could be a significant improvement. 


The important point is that the divorce does not cause the relationship in the marriage to fail, but the relationship fails and that leads to divorce. The second important item to keep in mind is that your divorce attorney in Columbia is here to assist with your legal issues and take care of the technical legal aspects of your divorce.

Depending on your circumstance, you may need other professionals to assist with the process. It may be a therapist to help deal with the emotional and psychological stresses of the dissolution of your marriage. In some cases, they may also be able to help your children deal with the struggles of understanding and dealing with their parent's divorce.

Or, you may need assistance with the financial aspect of your divorce. If your spouse owns a business, you may need specialized help from a forensic accountant to ensure that there are no hidden assets or other financial irregularities. You may need an investment advisor or specialized tax counsel if you have sophisticated and complex financial businesses or investments. The key is finding the professional help that is appropriate for your situation.

Source: livescience.com, "Should Families Going Through Divorce Have Court-Ordered Psychiatrists? (Op-Ed)," David Mejias, December 2, 2015

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact Our Team To Get Help Now

Tell us about your case and we’ll get back to you promptly.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Stange Logo

Stange Law Firm, PC
1506 Chapel Hill Rd
Suite H
Columbia, Missouri 65203

Toll Free: 855-805-0595
Fax: 314-963-9191
Law Office Map

DHQ | Divorce Headquarters Divorce
Headquarters ® App Download The App
Questions? Live Chat Pay Your Bill Online
States of Service

Other Office Locations

  • Saint Louis County: 120 S. Central Ave., Suite 450, Clayton, MO 63105: Clayton Office
  • West County: 16024 Manchester Rd., Suite 103, Ellisville, MO 63011: Ellisville Office
  • Jackson County: 256 NE Tudor Rd., Lee's Summit, Missouri 64086: Lee's Summit Office
  • Jefferson County: 16 Municipal Drive, Suite C, Arnold, MO 63010: Arnold Office
  • St. Charles County: 2268 Bluestone Drive, St. Charles, MO 63303: St. Charles Office
  • Franklin County: 5 S. Oak St. Union, MO 63084: Union Office
  • Lincoln County: 20 Centerline Drive, Troy, Missouri 63379: Troy Office
  • Boone County: 1506 Chapel Hill Rd., Suite H, Columbia, MO 65203: Columbia Office
  • Greene County: 901 E. St. Louis, Suite 404, Springfield, Missouri 65806: Springfield, MO Office
  • St. Clair County: 115 Lincoln Place Ct., Ste. 101, Belleville, IL 62221: Belleville Office
  • Madison County: 25 Professional Park, Suite B, Maryville, Illinois 62062: Maryville Office
  • Sangamon County: 400 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Springfield, IL 62701: Springfield Office
  • McLean County: 1012 Ekstam Drive, Suite 4, Bloomington, IL 61704: Bloomington Office
  • Johnson County: 7300 West 110th Street, Suite 560, Overland Park, KS 62210: Overland Park Office
  • Sedgwick County: 2024 N. Woodlawn Street, Suite 407, Wichita, Kansas 67208: Wichita Office
  • Shawnee County: 800 SW Jackson Street, Suite 812, Topeka, Kansas 66612: Topeka Office
  • Tulsa County: 6660 S. Sheridan Road, Suite 240, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133: Tulsa Office
  • Oklahoma County: 2601 NW Expressway, Suite 411 W, Oklahoma City, OK 73112: Oklahoma City Office
  • Monroe County: 116 W. Mill St., Waterloo, IL 62298 (by appt. only): Waterloo Office
  • St. Louis City: 100 S. 4th St., #549, St. Louis, MO 63102 (by appt. only): St. Louis Office
  • Jackson County: 2300 Main St., #948, Kansas City, MO 64108 (by appt. only): Kansas City Office

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. See additional disclaimers here.